18.12.2020 - WBIF Online Team Championship 2021 (WBIF)
Tournament Entry Requirements and Awards
- The contact-person for each participating nation should announce the team selected, including the appointed Captain (who may be non-playing) before 09.09. 2021. Full name, email address and backgammon server nickname should be emailed to WBIF@gmx.net.
- The contact-person or Captain of each participating nation should pay the required entry fee -110 Euro- before 09.09.2021. Each player also has to transfer the annual membershipfee.
- The entry fee of 110 Euro per team (10Euro of which covers administrative costs) should be transferred to the WBIF, via paypal: WBIF@gmx.net or bancaccount: Bernhard Mayr, Franz-Josef Str27a, A-6130 Schwaz account at Sparkasse Schwaz (BIC: SPSCAT22XXX, IBAN:AT92 20510 00000014167 ) take care for transfer fees!
- The Champion-, Runner-up and 3rd place-teams will each receive individual award certificates. Each of these teams will also receive the following prize monies:
- Champion: 50%
- Runners-up: 30%
- 3rd place: 20%
General Tournament Format and Requirements
- switz system - triple KO.
- 13 point matches
- Played at BGStudio Heroes with WBIF Time.
- Each team comprises 5 players and one reserve player. Befor each round the team capitan has to inform the Tourneydirector email@example.com wether the reserve player will play and if YES on which board. If a player is unable to continue playing the tournament for valid reasons, a substitution may be allowed subject to the agreement of the Tournament Director.
- The Captain chooses the seed order (1 to 5) before the start of the tournament, and this remains constant throughout.
- All matches have to be played on the BGStudio Heroes server and only by inviting oponents inside of "WBIF"-room. Match files are submitted automatic! to the Tournament Directors.
- Where cheating or collusion is suspected, matches will be analysed in detail and scrutinised by the Ruling Committee. Where transgressions are considered to have occurred, the individual players will be expelled from the tournament (and any future involvement with WBIF event), and the teams not allowed to make substitutions.
- Captains are expected to take a positive role in monitoring and reporting results, and in fostering good communications and sportsmanship between teams, by ensuring that his individual team members act politely and fairly at all times, giving proper consideration for their opponents (e.g., no complaining of bad luck, no unnecessary computer disconnections).
- The completion is subject to the general WBIF Tournament Rules found on the pages of the WBIF website.
- The competition starts on 12.09. 2021 and is scheduled to end latest on February 2022.
- Each team plays till it lost three times.
- each round is announced on the website with deadline and an email will be send to the capitans of the teams.
- Each player is individually responsible for arranging and scheduling their matches, for this "scheduling" on the website has to be used. Captains are expected to monitor the progress of their team members to ensure timely completion within this phase, and to avoid incurring penalties.
- Team selection - duty of the capitan - should be determined by placement in online national championships for each country - it is also allowed to use the pr of international or national WBIF tournaments for selection of players, in keeping with the overall philosophy of the WBIF. Nations without national championship can use other methods for qualification!
We hope that all participants will thoroughly enjoy this year’s tournament, making it a big success for all of us. Questions about the tournament please send via e-mail to the tournament director.