28.07.2021 - WBIF Online Club "City Teams" Championship 2021 (WBIF)
Tournament Entry Requirements and Awards
- Each Team consists of three players!
- We play at BGStudio Heroes with Clock.
- Modus is TRIPLE Elimination
- The contact-person for each participating Team should tell the Tourney director the name of the club /association, the 3 players including the appointed Captain before 10 October 2021. Full name, email address and backgammon server nickname should be emailed to WBIF@gmx.net.
- The Captain of each participating Team should pay the required entry fee -60 Euro- before 10 October 2020. Each player also has to transfer the annual membershipfee.
- The entry fee of 60 Euro per Club (10% of which covers administrative costs) should be transferred to the WBIF, via paypal: WBIF@gmx.net or bancaccount: Bernhard Mayr, Franz-Josef Str27a, A-6130 Schwaz account at Sparkasse Schwaz (BIC: SPSCAT22XXX, IBAN:AT92 20510 00000014167 ) take care for transfer fees!
- The best 8 teams will each receive prizes and individual award certificates. Each of these Clubs will also receive the following prize monies:
- Champion: 30%
- Runners-up: 20%
- 3rd and 4th place: 15%
- 5th - 8th place: 5%
General "City Teams" Tournament Format and Requirements
- switz system - TRIPLE Elimination.
- 13 point matches
- Played at BGStudio Heroes with WBIF Time.
- Each Club comprises 3 players. If a player is unable to continue playing the tournament for valid reasons, a substitution may be allowed subject to the agreement of the Tournament Director.
- The Captain chooses the seed order (1 to 3) before the start of the tournament, and this remains constant throughout.
- All matches must be played on the Heroes server and are recorded in match files format. Match files are submitting to the Tournament Directors automatic!
- Where cheating or collusion is suspected, matches will be analysed in detail and scrutinised by the Ruling Committee. Where transgressions are considered to have occurred, the individual players will be expelled from the tournament (and any future involvement with WBIF event), and the Clubs not allowed to make substitutions.
- Captains are expected to take a positive role in monitoring and reporting results, and in fostering good communications and sportsmanship between Clubs, by ensuring that his individual Club members act politely and fairly at all times, giving proper consideration for their opponents (e.g., no complaining of bad luck, no unnecessary computer disconnections).
- The completion is subject to the general WBIF Tournament Rules found on the pages of the WBIF website.
- The competition starts on 11 October 2021 and is scheduled to end latest December 2021.
- each round is announced on the website with deadline and an email will be send to the capitans of the Clubs.
- Each player is individually responsible for arranging and scheduling their matches, for this "scheduling" on the website has to be used. Captains are expected to monitor the progress of their Club members to ensure timely completion within this phase, and to avoid incurring penalties.
- Club "City Teams" selection - duty of the capitan - have to be members of same club, or play at same local tournament series ( no Legionnaire!)
We hope that all participants will thoroughly enjoy this year’s tournament, making it a big success for all of us. Questions about the tournament please send via e-mail to the tournament director.